Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering


10 years ago, aged 19, I sat on a couch watching horror unfold in front of my eyes...I just woke up, my then bf saying he'd be right back, nature time...when he didn't come back for a while I stumbled out of bed looking for him. I found him in living room and heard "they're attacking New York" just as a replay of the first tower getting hit played again on the news. Within 1 minute of waking up, the 2nd plane was in view, and we all saw it go into the 2nd tower. I sat there all day wondering what it was all going to mean. I had heard of terrorists before and airplane hijackings, but never imagined that it would end up like it did. I don't know anyone who was there in the Towers, or on Flight 11 that hit the North Tower, or on Flight 175 that hit the South Tower, or on Flight 77 that hit the Pentagon, or anyone on Flight 93 that went down near Shanksville, PA or anyone who helped that day. My thoughts go out to all of your family and friends who have had to go the last 10 years without you. 9/11 affected us all in some way or another. My stepmom got re-called back into active duty & both of my brothers have joined in the military. Please take some time today to think about them all, the loved ones that were lost that day, as well as the survivors and their family and friends.




Fallen Angels
Falling Angels
Falling no name,
A last whisper tossed deep,
Quietly into a cloud of gray,
Through your eyes alas clearly I see
As my life lived once outside the circle,
A new breeze, an offering, an intensity re-felt,
Through your courage,
Your passion,
Your pain
Fears boundless left far, up high, atop,
Reaching limits way up high,
As each breath blankets intolerance with renewed purpose and unification,
This proud calling,
Heard amongst the ashes ringing tall,
Reaches oceans far,
Resonating clearly over the tips of frosted mountain tops
Herein a new day birthed,
A new definition for a grateful nation,
Your journey remains still,
Etched in the annals of tomorrows rise,
A path,
A dawn,
Forever resident,
Echoing throughout hallways near,
Felt within the vibration of a stadium cheer,
Celebrated with a loved one whispering in your ear,
An unrighteous gift of remembrance between the pulse,
A pause, as we salute you,
Your valor,
Unfathomable,
Efforts forgotten not in memory,
As you remain the breath in us,
Your energy ours,
In life,
As together,
We live.


This poem is dedicated to all those who died in the 9-11 tragedy; especially those who leaped to their deaths out of desperation from the top of the World Trade Center.
Written 9/11/2002 found on This Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment